Key Program Initiatives
The Girl Scout Program is an integrated leadership experience that helps girls develop skills that serve them now and throughout their lives.
Leadership is not only about acquiring skills; it's about how girls use those skills to make the world a better place.
- Financial Literacy. Thousands of Utah girls now learn their economic ABCs in Girl Scouts. Setting goals, budgeting, and saving are vital life skills. Studies show that sooner or later 90% of all women will have to be financially self-sufficient.
- Environmental Awareness & Leadership. Through our Girl Scouts Forever Green Initiative we combine environmental education with community action on both a local and national scale.
- Healthy Living. Girl Scout programs recognize that physical health, emotional health, and self-esteem are all connected. We support the “whole girl.” Nine out of ten girls say our uniquely ME! program helps them make positive changes in their lives.
- Global Citizenship. Girl Scouts makes the world smaller and the girl bigger. Through the world's largest organization of girls, a girl can have a global impact and a global voice.
- STEM Programming. Girl Scout activities related to science, technology, engineering, and math expose girls to new ways of thinking, inspire them to fully utilize their talents and abilities, and help them understand it's cool to be smart! Girls are encouraged to explore and pursue careers that solve world challenges. This helps to ensure that the United States stays relevant in a competitive global, knowledge-intensive economy.