From simple outdoor activities to troop camping to summer camp, there is a progressive outdoor experience developed in Girl Scouts. All iCamp opportunities provide girls and adults with enjoyable, progressive learning experiences in the outdoors. Activities encourage a sense of stewardship and inspire an appreciation of nature.
Girls register individually for a camp program and are placed in units according to their ages and the program in which they are participating. Girls may choose to come by themselves or with a buddy. For information on the 2013 Summer Camp program click here.
Troop Camping at Summer Camp
- Girls spend three days and two nights at Trefoil Ranch or Camp Cloud Rim with their troop. They come to camp with girls and adults they already know. They will make new friends and enjoy traditional camp activities while getting comfortable in the outdoor environment. Contact your troop leader(s) for more information.
- Troop Camping Information Packet (for troop leaders)
- Minicamps are a fabulously-fun way to spend a weekend! These programs are typically held Friday night to Saturday afternoon at Trefoil Ranch, Camp Cloud Rim, or at Girl Scout office in Salt Lake City. Activities range from snowshoeing, ropes course, canoeing, hiking, art and so much more! Girls can attend most minicamps individually, with friends, with their troop, or with an adult companion.
- Complete listing of all current minicamps
- O.W.L. stands for Outdoor Wilderness Leadership and is a program designed for girls in 6-12 grade. These programs are designed for girls to not only experience various outdoor recreation activities but also to develop confidence in their abilities to take on leadership roles while working as a team in outdoor settings.
- Complete listing of all current O.W.L. programs
- The Girl Scouts of Utah has several Service Units (set geographic areas around the state) whose volunteers develop and deliver Day Camps throughout the summer. Day Camps are held over a three day period and are held in various locations including parks, churches, and community centers. Day Camps are a great way for a girl to experience Girl Scouting!
- 2013 Day Camps
- For more information about a specific Day Camp, please contact the Day Camp Director. Girl Scouts of Utah Council’s liaison is Carly “Tangerine” Cahoon, 801-716-5089, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day Camp Application
- Day Camp Financial Report
- Never the Same Weekend programs provide Service Units (set geographic areas around the state) with 24 hours of camp program at Trefoil Ranch. Service Units may plan their own program and meals or pay camp staff for these services.
- Never the Same Weekend Information Packet 2013-2014.